| Home | E-Submission | Sitemap | Contact Us |  
J Korean Cancer Assoc > Volume 20(1); 1988 > Article
Journal of the Korean Cancer Association 1988;20(1): 82-90.
국한성 진행 두경부 악성종양 ( 편평 상피암 ) 에 대한 선행 화학요법 및 방사선요법의 병용치료 효과
방영주, 윤성수, 박근칠, 이재훈, 김승택, 김노경, 박찬일, 김광현, 민양기
Neadjuvant Chemotherapy with 5-Fluorouracil Infusion and Cisplatin Followed by Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer
Yung Jue Bang, Sung Soo Yoon, Keun Chil Park, Jae Hoon Lee, Seung Taek Kim, Noe Kyeong Kim, Charn Il Park, Kwang Hyun Kim, Yang Gi Min
Thirty-two patients with previously untreated, locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck were treated with 2 or 3 cycles of combination chemotherapy consisting of 5- fluorouracil infusion and cisplatin (FP), followed by curative radiotherapy. Three patients(9%) achieved complete respanses and 25(78%), partial responses after neaadjuvant chemotherapy. Follow- ing subsequent radiotherapy, 16(50%) achieved complete responses and 14(44%), partial responses, giving overall response rate of 94% with a median duration of response of 24.0+ and 9.5 months, respectively. The median survivals of the patients with complete and partial responses were 24.0+ and 11.0 months, respectively. The median survival of the patients with complete responses were significantly prolonged in comparison with that of those with partial responses. Toxicities from the treatments were common, but most of which were easily manageable and transient, with no treatment-related fatalities.
Editorial Office
Korean Cancer Association
Room 1824, Gwanghwamun Officia
92 Saemunan-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03186, Korea
TEL: +82-2-3276-2410   FAX: +82-2-792-1410   E-mail: journal@cancer.or.kr
About |  Browse Articles |  Current Issue |  For Authors and Reviewers
Copyright © Korean Cancer Association.                 Developed in M2PI